I Live In Mott North Dakota I Have Been On Pian Meds For 5 Years In Indiana Imove Here And Dr Refuses To Give Them To Me Can I Order Them Online


moved from ind to nd 5 months ago. cannot get a doctor to prescribe my pain meds.am moving back to ind in may.icannot take the pain any longer.do you know who prescribes pain meds online? i have my medical records with me. can you help me?

4 Replies

Earliest Newest Votes

I know what you mean. I had something similar moving from one state to another. I have bad panic attacks and due to a congenital defect in my heart i had a heart attack during my panic attack. The PA said she was more concerned with loosing her licence even though my cardiologist said to stay on the Xanex she wants to take me off. He said my chances were not as good to live through a second heart attack. I am going to switch doctors. She is only a Physician Assistant for the doctor but she actually told me her concern was not me but loosing her license. Switch doctors. We are paying them!

Was this helpful? 2

Hello, Kim! How are you doing? I'm sorry that you're in pain.

But no, ordering medications in that manner is actually illegal in the U.S. Under the current laws, to have controlled substances prescribed, you must see your doctor for an actual physical exam on a regular basis, which is monthly for most of them.

And if you're going to a new doctor and asking for specific medications, rather than just letting your medical records speak for you, they aren't going to be willing to prescribe anything, because they are taught to see that as drug seeking behavior. Additionally, due to the new regulations that were put in place this year, if you require such medications on a long-term ongoing basis for the treatment of chronic pain, then you'll have to see a pain management specialist. A PCP will not be able to prescribe them.

And HatePA, I am very sorry about the problems you've been having, but the same applies to the Xanax. If your cardiologist felt you needed to stay on it, then they should have prescribed it. A PA is not going to be able to do so.

I realize that these new regulations have caused problems for a lot of people, but there are in effect now and there is nothing we can do to change that.

Have you tried contacting your cardiologist about it?

Was this helpful? 0

Yes you need to speak to the Cardiologist!

According to the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, most NPs practice in primary care and treat Medicare and Medicaid patients. They also can prescribe in 50 states, and 48 states allow them to prescribe controlled substances. - See more at:

Was this helpful? 0

Why on earth are you even listening to a P.A. or a N.P.? They are glorified R.N.s. Get good family doctor. If he is good, he will send you to a specialist. Pain in a different issue. This is a problem that a hard one for physicians to deal with. They don't want you to be in pain, but these drugs become harmful after a period of time because they "build up" in your system. This means that taking that one prescribed pill could cause overdose. Because of this, your body also builds up a tolerance, therefore needing more to get the same relief. You can find them over the internet, but beware.

Was this helpful? 0

More Discussions:

moving to fl from nj and i have bin going pain mangmint get my meds for 8 years will b able them there

I Lived in new jersey my entire life and i am going to move to Florida about an hour from Daytona. I have bin on pain me...

I Have Been Taking Methadone For 9 Years Went To My Appointment And The Place Was Shut Down Now Cant Get Records Live In Chronic Pain But

I am in immediate need of a pain doctor who will write methadone,my spciatic nerve is crushed and I have 2 slipped disk ...

I Live In Bergen County No And Am Looking For A Pain Management Doctor Have Medicaid Hmo Been On Mess Over 4 Years Need

I have been on pain meds for over 4 years, I had a dr but can not afford to see him, have Medicaid HMO, I live in north ...

I Have Been Using Antihistamines For The Past 2 Years On A Regular Basis Is It Normal Or Abnormal To Be Taking Them So Long

I have been taking antihistamines for nasal allergies the past 2 years. Is it normal or abnormal to be using them for so...

need doc in denver i have chronic pain and anxiety my pian getting so bad can hardy work most doctors are afraid to give out meds now days

Any help would be great I just move here and not know what to do. Can hardly walk anymore can't sleep so I'm in ...

I am in severe pain and have been on 80 mg of methadohe for over 6 years and my dr says i am not amunne nor have i built up a tollerance

I need help finding another dr in my area as i said before my dr has had me on the same dose of methadone for over 6 yea...

I Am Disabled And On Medicaid BedRidden Almost - How Can I Have My Pain Meds Mail Ordered To My Home

I live in ft. myers fl. I have legit script for roxi 30...150 and morphine sulfate 30mg...30-count. Who can mail to my h...

trying to find pain managment dr in louisville ky or lexington area that would perscribe methadone been on them and percet 10mg for break thru

If anyone knows where I can go please help been on methadone for 8 years and break thru meds for 12 years got hit by a c...

Arent People Who Take Heart Meds Dependant On Them To Keep There Goingisnt That The Same For Pain

All i keep hearing is people are dependant on pain meds etc.....but we are all dependant on some pill to work once in aw...

I Have Taken Escitolopram For Years And Put On A Lot Of Weight Take 15mgs In The Morning But They Make Me Tired Can Be At Night

I have taken Escitolopram for 7 years and put on a lot of weight over 2 stone. I take them in the morning, but drop back...